Thursday, August 26, 2010

Late Day Shadows

Now I am getting a bit nervous about how this will work in the quilted media style. I may do the illustration in a couple styles.

Does the addition of the bird and nest make you nervous that the eggs may be doomed? I am hoping that the tree looks bowed, and the viewer will wonder what will happen after he lets go of the branch. In the original folktale, things don't work out well for the elephant. In rewriting the story, I may just teach the elephant a lesson about greed instead of doing him in.

There is also the unique factor missing. My style of borders and intersecting lines that works so well in my watercolors is not yet injected. Will it be too busy in the Quilted Media look? Guess it won't hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear feedback on my blog.